Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Entry

On Monday Jan 26, 2008 my Sports Reporting class from last semester simply turned into a newer and more advanced class of just simply talking about a part of my life. My teacher from last semester always finds something to say in class that makes talking about Sports better than making money.

In this particular class I saw an old video clip of Mike Tyson threatening a reporter, along with Allen Iverson proudly wearing the Sixers on his jersey. A video that didn't scare me but I'm looking forward to being a reporter. That way when players get mad at me for certain questions I ask I can say it louder to get my answer. That's not why I want to be a reporter, but I have to be ready for anything. My editor is just going to tell me to make the answer come out.

Mike Reilly a graduate in Journalism was introduced to helping teach the class. It looks like i might need another notebook from all the knowledge that's coming my way.

He helped the class set up their own personal blogs. I'm like yea my own words on the net. My own thoughts with the power to show others. Excited isn't the word...it's more like my thoughts are now finally going to be heard. I guess i should clean my mailbox for all the fans that's going to be e-mailing me.

I like the fact that I'm apart of two classes experimenting on a project. Print and Broadcast together equals one tuition for double the knowledge. I mean I heard stories of people starting out having to know more thanjust writing stories. Learning about broadcast can help me in the long run for having the facts and data of the editing process of T.V.

The only thing that is going to be difficult to chew is being able to write about what we want to in class and entering the real world and receiving stories from your editor that might not be important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment